Today’s episode comes from a suggestion by one of our listeners, and it’s on the topic of becoming a professional dog trainer. More specifically, the path that led me to dog training as a career.
In the episode you'll hear:
- What I wanted to be when I grew up.
- Why it’s not just training dogs.
- The things I had to learn.
- My evolution to dog training.
- Why to take care about where you learn.
- How much your passion should matter.
- The importance of the science of behaviour.
- About not being afraid to say “I don’t know”.
- My thoughts on why immersion is important.
- Why I love cows and how working with other animals helps my career.
- Why my love of dog sports like obedience, sheep herding, flyball and agility helps me understand the brain of dogs.
- How excellence is a mastery of the fundamentals.
* Recallers is CEU approved with CCPDT and IAABC