The only way we can make the world a better place for all the dogs is to inspire everyone with a dog to want to train. But to want to train your dog, you need to receive good feedback and take action on that feedback. It’s a topic dear to my heart as I’ve been coaching in dog training and dog agility for over 30 years and have learned many lessons about teaching.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How to choose a dog training class, including how it might make you feel.
- Why core values are important in your dog training decisions.
- The top considerations when selecting coaching for your dog training.
- How students are a reflection of our ability to teach.
- About the way I used to teach dog training.
- How to use the 5C Pyramid for teaching.
- Where connection, clarity, confidence, challenges and choice fit into coaching and learning.
- How my students helped me become a better coach.
- Podcast Episode 100: Dog Training: The Most Important Lesson I Can Share
- Podcast Episode 37: Dog Training as a Career
- DogsThat / Shaped by Dog Business Cards
- Download the 5C Pyramid PDF at Podcast Episode 21: The 5 Critical Dog Training Layers for Confidence with Anything
- Podcast Episode 103: Excited Or Suspicious Dog? Dealing With Your Dog’s Emotions
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube