Do you know how to choose the right dog toys? Have you thought of the do’s and don’ts when picking a toy for your puppy or dog? Do you consider the purpose of the toy? My dogs have many toys, which might not be a surprise! There are ten key considerations I use when selecting a new toy, including safety. One of the things to look for in a toy might be a surprise!
In the episode you'll hear:
- The top 10 considerations for selecting a dog toy.
- What sort of toys never to choose and knowing what might be toxic.
- Why a toy's material is important for your dog’s safety.
- About knowing how attractive a toy is for your dog, including the sounds.
- Why to know your dog’s strength and power when choosing a toy.
- What to consider about your physical abilities.
- Why to think about how you will be able to clean your dog’s toys.
- How much my Terrier Shelby loved a rock and my Terrier DeCaff loved fly swatters.
- Why it’s important for you to be happy with a toy.
- The importance of the color of the toy you are selecting for your dog.
- The categories of engagement, exercise, education, enrichment, entertainment and eating to think about when buying toys for dogs.
Hi my little dog Jade is not really interested in playing with toys but she likes to play with your fingers. She is a pomchi and weighs about 7 pounds. She doesn’t bite Down but that’s the play she likes. Is this ok since she little?
Super interesting, learning to see the world via the eyes of my dog xoxo