Do you know how to choose the right dog toys? Have you thought of the do’s and don’ts when picking a toy for your puppy or dog? Do you consider the purpose of the toy? My dogs have many toys, which might not be a surprise! There are ten key considerations I use when selecting a new toy, including safety. One of the things to look for in a toy might be a surprise!
In the episode you'll hear:
- The top 10 considerations for selecting a dog toy.
- What sort of toys never to choose and knowing what might be toxic.
- Why a toy's material is important for your dog’s safety.
- About knowing how attractive a toy is for your dog, including the sounds.
- Why to know your dog’s strength and power when choosing a toy.
- What to consider about your physical abilities.
- Why to think about how you will be able to clean your dog’s toys.
- How much my Terrier Shelby loved a rock and my Terrier DeCaff loved fly swatters.
- Why it’s important for you to be happy with a toy.
- The importance of the color of the toy you are selecting for your dog.
- The categories of engagement, exercise, education, enrichment, entertainment and eating to think about when buying toys for dogs.