When I am training, my dog is engaged and excited and attentive. The connection with my dogs is vital in all we do together. You might think getting your dog focused entirely on you is ninja-level dog training, but it’s possible for everyone. Today I’m sharing with you one of the most important things you could be doing that will hurt engagement and connection with your dog, and how you can easily fix it.
In the episode you'll hear:
- What being at a party has to do with dog training.
- The ways inadvertent time outs impact on your dog’s confidence.
- How we can be present for our dogs.
- Where I see inadvertent time outs in the sport of dog agility.
- When I change tack to make things right in the world of my dog.
- One of the secrets about what I’d rather be when I’m with my dog.
- How to get focused attention from your dog.
- About being intentional when you are with your dog.
- Ways you can easily set your dog up for success.
- What I learned from Buzz about high drive dogs.
- How to be a Zen master when working with your dog.