Have you experienced sudden onset aggression, fear or behavior change with your dog? Imagine if I could give you a pill to solve any behavior challenge. Now, in some cases, there might actually be a pill that can help. We’re looking at what you need to know about your dog’s thyroid.
In the episode you'll hear:
- About my dog Stoni and her sudden lunging at another dog.
- What I learned from Dr. Jean Dodds about sudden onset fear and aggression.
- About the importance of getting a complete thyroid panel for your dog.
- What I noticed with Decaff and her fear of thunder.
- About Buzz’s vestibular disorder episode and his thyroid panel.
- How hormones impact behavior.
- Why behavior is not always a choice for us or our dogs.
- How behavior change could become triggered by events.
- The importance of noticing sudden changes in your dog.
- Dr. Jean Dodds’s Website (Hemopet)
- Thyroid Articles by Dr. Jean Dodds
- TUFTS Reference: Behavioral Changes Associated With Thyroid Dysfunction In Dogs by W. Jean Dodds DVM (W. Jean Dodds, DVM and Linda P. Aronson, DVM)
- Video Blog: Understanding Your Dog’s Triggers
- Podcast Episode 29: Understanding and Preventing Reactivity and Aggression in Your Dog
- Podcast Episode 79: Reduce Anxiety and Grow Your Dog’s Confidence with These Pro Dog Training Tips
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube