Today’s podcast topic comes from you! One of the questions I’m often asked is “how do I get my puppy to stop waking me up?”. Another is “how do I stop my dog waking me earlier and earlier?”. These are common problems, and there are three main reasons it happens, with the most likely being that you have been ‘shaped by dog’. I’ve got tips to help you. There are four things that you can put into action right now
to ensure you get some sleep.
In the episode you'll hear:
- The main reasons a puppy or dog will wake you up in the middle of the night.
- How you could be contributing to being woken by your dog.
- About inappropriate reinforcement that you may not realize is happening.
- The impact of routine and your dog predicting patterns of reinforcement.
- How you can turn things around to ensure you get sleep.
- Why what happens during the day can determine what happens at night!
- Easy observations you can make teach your puppy or dog the “forget it to get it” rule.
- The four things you need to know that will make a massive difference.
- Why your puppy being on leash to potty will improve your life together.
- How I teach my puppies and dogs “Don’t Wake Da Mama”.
- Podcast Episode 16: The Thing Before Your Dog’s Thing
- Crate Games Online
- Podcast Episode 5: What is Shaping And How Can Dogs Shape Us
- Blog Post: Forget It to Get It … Advanced IYC Cookie Jar Game
- Podcast Episode 18: 4 Puppy and Dog Training Games for Acquired Bite Inhibition
- GAME: Learn how to play “ItsYerChoice” (IYC)
- Blog Post: It’s Time to P-o-t-t-y! Inside Scoop on Housetraining