Do you have a fitness program for your dog? It’s not something that is just for canine athletes and dog sports! Every dog will benefit from conditioning exercises for their health, well-being and longevity. A fitness program is also a fun way for you and your dog to spend time together and easy to start.
In the episode you'll hear:
- Why fitness for dogs should include more than walks or chasing a ball or frisbee.
- How dogs can have an imbalance in their body leading to injury.
- The importance of your dog’s weight and getting a fitness check.
- Why soundness is different to fitness.
- About making sure that your dog has age-appropriate fitness exercises.
- The four areas I focus on with my dog’s fitness program.
- Why your dog’s strength, flexibility, balance, and proprioception are all important.
- The reason we need to build up our dog’s big muscles first.
- Why to introduce an unstable surface gradually to your dog’s fitness routine.
- What you can do today with a sit, down or stand for your dog’s fitness without any equipment.
- How you can join the canine fitness program that I am doing with the Susan20 discount code.
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett’s Perch Work Dog Tricks (Pivots and Spins)
- Podcast Episode 85: Understanding Your Dog’s Sit: LWT
- Blog Video: How to Train Your Dog to Stand on Cue
- Join Carolyn McIntyre’s “From the Ground Up” online fitness program with the discount code:
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
Balance Pad Information:
*Amazon Links Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!