As someone who has been educating dog owners on having a well-behaved dog and an amazing relationship with that dog, I think it’s important to share my failures. Learn, walk, listen and train ItsYerChoice with me as I talk about my big blunder that happened last week, the impact of judgement and critical questions we need to ask ourselves.
In the episode you'll hear:
- My mistake at the grocery store and why I went straight to judgement.
- Why to get curious when you find yourself judging.
- About outside dogs and littermates.
- How I got triggered and responded with a lack of filter.
- The way my subconscious kicked in and the thoughts I had when waking up.
- What congruency means to me.
- What a nose bridge is and how my puppy targets my hand.
- How we are all making judgements every day.
- Why to ask questions when you are irritated.
- About all the different views on dog training out there in the world.
- How sitting in judgement of our dogs or others has impact beyond us.
- Why I teach everything through games and its effectiveness.
- Quick training prompts with IYC, paw movement and reward delivery.
- Learn How to Play ItsYerChoice
- Podcast Episode 70: Critical Info for Your Puppy’s First Day and Night at Home
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett's Tip for Training Frantic Dogs: Stimulus Control (see the nose bridge)
- Podcast Episode 20: Bridging the Gap Between Blame and Kindness in Dog Training
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube