An old adage in dog training is that the best time to fix a problem or behavior challenge is before it happens. And though that may be true, it does not help when you have a problem or training challenge! There’s a systemic approach that I’ve laid out for myself and my students for any challenge we have with our dogs.
In the episode you'll hear:
- A long list of problems presented by just one dog who was a bit over a year old.
- How that dog was thrown out of 3 Day Cares and lost his home.
- Why Dr Google might not be your best source of information for dog training.
- How everyone has an opinion about dog training.
- The way I look at dog training challenges and why to take an inventory.
- About the categories of challenges in dog training.
- Why we create autonomy for our dogs and how that creates success.
- How to know if you have a Sun Shower, Hurricane or Iceberg with your dog.
- The reason to watch for Icebergs.
- When Hurricanes might need a Veterinary Behaviorist to diffuse.
- The formula to help you with challenges that starts in Do-Land.
- Why we need to deal with our dog’s emotion first.