There is one thing that I do intentionally in my dog training that makes all the difference in the world to the joy and success that my dogs and I have together. That one thing is using Balance Breaks. I’m sharing exactly what a Balance Break is, why it’s essential, and the mechanics of how I do it. Let me know when you try it!.
In the episode you'll hear:
- My 5 steps to an amazing dog training experience.
- About the power of D.A.S.H. (Desire, Accuracy, Speed, Habitat).
- Why training your dog is like starting a motorcycle.
- How dog training is better is slices.
- Why to make a joy sandwich for you and your dog.
- All about Balance Breaks and how to use them.
- The importance of your dog’s physiology.
- How to think about your training as being on stage.
- Why breaks for transitions keep your dog training flowing.
- The guidelines for using Balance Breaks successfully.
- Blog Post: The Secret Sauce For Enthusiasm … Balance Breaks!
- YouTube Video: Dog Training with Balance Breaks Demonstration
- Podcast Episode 6: The Art of Manipulation
- Blog Post: Planning for a Successful Shaping Session with Your Dog Blog
- Post: Got D.A.S.H. (Desire, Accuracy, Speed and Habitat)?
- Podcast Episode 35: Pro Dog Training Tip to Improve Your Dog’s Focus
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube