Raising dogs in a home with kids and kids in a home with dogs can be harmonious when you have the right expectations for great outcomes. Now, I don’t have children, but my dogs are around many children as I have a lot of nieces and nephews. There can be a great deal of joy for kids and dogs and many life lessons if we set everyone up for success. Do you know someone who has children and a dog? Share this podcast episode with them, and together we can help families with kids and dogs and make life better for everybody.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How imagining living with an overly exuberant relative relates to your dog.
- Why I believe having a dog in a house with children can be an awesome combination.
- How adults can help create the best relationship possible between kids and dogs.
- Why we all have the right to say we are uncomfortable.
- What children learn from us in the way we treat our dogs.
- How even the kindest people might inadvertently teach life lessons they don’t want their children to emulate.
- Why family agreements can be massively beneficial for everyone, including dogs.
- How giving your dog a nickname can set kids and dogs up for success.
- About including children in your dog training plans without overwhelm.
- The transitions to train for your dog that will create household harmony.
- What education I believe is critical for all dogs living with children.
- Why I’m telling my team to give you a massive discount to join Home School the Dog.
- Productive and safe ways that kids and dogs can enjoy time together.
- How we can be the best advocates for both kids and dogs.
- What you can do with “Home School the Dog I was listening”!
- Podcast Episode 25: Why All Dogs Can Bite and How to Reduce the Risk with R.E.A.D.
- Podcast Episode 13: Naming Your Puppy or Dog
- Podcast Episode 19: One of My Biggest Pet Peeves in Dog Training
- Blog Post: A GAME to Preserve Your Dog’s Recall Cue
- Game: Learn How to Play ItsYerChoice (IYC)
- Crate Games Online
- Susan's Team: [email protected]
- Podcast Episode 57: Why Balance Breaks Fast Track Your Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 6: The Art of Manipulation
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube