It's not uncommon to know you should be training your dog, but you just don't feel like it. You can't motivate yourself. And you might look at your dog and can tell that your motivation carries over. If you have ever found yourself unmotivated and in need of inspiration, you are going to love this episode. It does not matter what you are working on, or what challenge you want to overcome; you can find success leaves clues.
In the episode you'll hear:
- About checking in with yourself to see how you feel.
- What Lou Holtz says about the “why” and purpose following passion.
- About your feelings for your dog and how they can give you focus.
- The difference being busy and being purposeful.
- About your dog’s motivation.
- How to use D.A.S.H. for you and your dog.
- Reasons cheerleading is not what you want to do.
- The inadvertent behavior chain that cheering can create.
- Why short sessions will help low drive dogs and high drive dogs.
- About using food rewards to help your high drive dog with focus.
- Vlog Post: Get Your Dog Training Done (And Make Your Week Awesome)
- Podcast Episode 57: Why Balance Breaks Fast Track Your Dog Training
- *Book: Winning Every Day: The Game Plan for Success by Lou Holtz
- *Book: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- *Book: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court by John Wooden
- Podcast Episode 16: The Thing Before Your Dog’s Thing
- Podcast Episode 12: When Helping Your Dog is an Illusion
- Blog Post: Identifying and Using Positive Triggers for Your Dog
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!