Holiday celebrations are a great time for all of us, but they can be very stressful for our dogs. There are many things you can do to help reduce the stress for your dog when you have visitors or are visiting someone else. We’re covering important tips that will keep your dog safe, children safe and help everyone experience happy holidays.
Click here for your coloring download for dog safety.
In the episode you'll hear:
- Why holidays can be overwhelming for dogs.
- What you can do to prepare for the safety of your dog.
- The reason your dog needs a safe space to relax.
- How playing games will help your dog and are fun for everyone.
- Why to make sure your dog exercises before you have guests.
- About trigger stacking and keeping your dog under threshold.
- How to prepare your guests for interaction with your dog.
- Why people need to know how dogs say “no, thank you.”
- About being the best advocate for your dog.
- What to pack for your dog if you travel to celebrate.
- How to set your dog up for success if you visit someone else.
Games to Play with Dogs:
- Learn the ItsYerChoice Game
- YouTube Video: 5 Games for Puppies
- Podcast Episode 32: 20 Easy Ways to Exercise Your Dog at Home
- Podcast Episode 68: 3 Easy Tricks Every Dog Should Know
- Podcast Episode 18: 4 Puppy and Dog Training Games for Acquired Bite Inhibition
- YouTube Video: Perch Work Dog Tricks (Pivots and Spins)
- YouTube Video: Target Stick Training Part 1
- YouTube Video: Target Stick Training Part 2