How well does your dog respond to your cues at a distance? Would your dog sit or down when they are off leash and far away? It’s a skill that can be life saving for dogs! It only needs a few minutes a day of engagement with your dog to create great behaviors, and it starts with your dog listening to you when they are close.
In the episode you'll hear:
- That a dog responding from a distance is just showing mastery of skills that they can do close up.
- How to find time in your day to train your dog and how it can be engaging.
- What your dog understanding of a cue looks like in day-to -day life.
- About cleaning up your release cues and the releases that I use.
- What to be aware of about cueing, marking, and releasing to create clarity for your dog.
- Why we need transfer of value to the behaviour of sit, down or stand for our dogs.
- About the experiment we conducted at agility camp and what the results showed about cues at a distance.
- Why dogs who understand a behaviour close to you can perform at a distance.
- Blog Post with Video: How to Train Your Dog to Stand on Cue
- YouTube Video: Teach Your Dog To Down On Cue: Easy Shaping With A Bed
- Learn How To Play ItsYerChoice
- Podcast Episode 134: How To Teach A Dog Stay WITHOUT Luring, Collar Pops Or Using The Word “Stay”
- Podcast Episode 21: The 5 Critical Dog Training Layers for Confidence with Anything
- Podcast Episode 125: Why Isn’t My Dog Learning What I’m Training?
- Podcast Episode 90: Premack, Dog Training and Transfer of Value
- Podcast Episode 135: Test Your Dog’s Sit Stay Training
- Blog Post with Video: Get Your Dog Training Done (And Make Your Week Awesome)
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube