Do you take your dog on vacation or for road trips? It will help make your holiday great if you plan ahead and prepare your dog for car rides, consider safety for your trip, know where to take breaks along the way, and where to stay when travelling by car with your dog.
In the episode you'll hear:
- About planning so that your vacation is enjoyable for you and your dog.
- Why to consider what your days will be filled with when you are away.
- How to prepare your dog for your trip away.
- About the car crates that are safe for travelling and the options of canine seat belts.
- How playing games on your trip helps makes the experience fun for your dog.
- That including ItsYerChoice in your games is important for your dog’s safety.
- Why you really want your dog to pee and poop when on leash.
- About enrichment for your dog when you are relaxing.
- What to pack for your dog when travelling with them.
- Where to stop with your dog along the way to your destination.
- How to make your stops and stays safe, interesting, and comfortable for your dog.
Road Trip Packing List:
- Get Crate Games Online
- Learn How to Play ItsYerChoice (IYC)
- Podcast Episode 75: Stop Motion Sickness: Helping Your Puppy or Dog Love the Car
- Podcast Episode 98: Puppy Home Alone: Are You Creating Chaos or Calm?
- Podcast Episode 48: Potty Train Your Puppy in a Week (Easy 3 Step Process)
- YouTube Playlist: Training Games
- Gunner Crates
- Ruff Tough Kennels
- Sleepypod Clickit Harnesses
- Center for Pet Safety
- *Koolatron Kool Wheeler at Amazon
- *Aluminet Reflective Mash at Amazon
- *Ryobi Fan at Amazon
- Sniff Spot
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!