There is one difference between very successful dog trainers and the average pet owner in the way they feed their dogs. That one thing is responsible for a better relationship with your dog and the dog being easier to train, having a long life, and fewer health problems. That one thing is easily achievable by everyone and will also help with a dog’s picky eating.
In the episode you'll hear:
- The ways people feed their dogs.
- What free choice feeding or graze feeding looks like for dogs.
- The problems that can be created for dogs with free feeding.
- Why regular meals help with potty training.
- How free choice feeding could result in a dog being a picky eater.
- The health benefits of regular meals for dogs.
- About the issue of obesity in dogs.
- Why free choice feeding makes training difficult.
- How to use your dog's meals as a training opportunity.
- The risks of missing health issues with free feeding.
- How planning your dog's exercise is easier with regular meals.
- Why to know what your dog should weigh.
- How I feed a high percentage of my dog's meal in training.
- A plan to help dogs who are picky eaters.
- When to check with your Veterinarian.
- Podcast Episode 62: 12 Keys to Helping My Dogs Live a Long and Happy Life
- Podcast Episode 48: Potty Train Your Puppy in a Week (Easy 3 Step Process)
- (PDF - Kealy RD, Olsson SE, Monti KL, et al.) Effects of limited food consumption on the incidence of hip dysplasia in growing dogs
- Podcast Episode 2: Reinforcement
- Podcast Episode 70: Critical Info for Your Puppy’s First Day and Night at Home
- DogsThat Online Dog Training Programs
- Video Blog: 5 Games for Puppies
- Podcast Episode 32: 20 Easy Ways to Exercise Your Dog at Home
- Podcast Episode 68: 3 Easy Tricks Every Dog Should Know
- Basis Stainless Steel Pet Dog Bowls
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube