There is one difference between very successful dog trainers and the average pet owner in the way they feed their dogs. That one thing is responsible for a better relationship with your dog and the dog being easier to train, having a long life, and fewer health problems. That one thing is easily achievable by everyone and will also help with a dog’s picky eating.
In the episode you'll hear:
- The ways people feed their dogs.
- What free choice feeding or graze feeding looks like for dogs.
- The problems that can be created for dogs with free feeding.
- Why regular meals help with potty training.
- How free choice feeding could result in a dog being a picky eater.
- The health benefits of regular meals for dogs.
- About the issue of obesity in dogs.
- Why free choice feeding makes training difficult.
- How to use your dog's meals as a training opportunity.
- The risks of missing health issues with free feeding.
- How planning your dog's exercise is easier with regular meals.
- Why to know what your dog should weigh.
- How I feed a high percentage of my dog's meal in training.
- A plan to help dogs who are picky eaters.
- When to check with your Veterinarian.
- Podcast Episode 62: 12 Keys to Helping My Dogs Live a Long and Happy Life
- Podcast Episode 48: Potty Train Your Puppy in a Week (Easy 3 Step Process)
- (PDF - Kealy RD, Olsson SE, Monti KL, et al.) Effects of limited food consumption on the incidence of hip dysplasia in growing dogs
- Podcast Episode 2: Reinforcement
- Podcast Episode 70: Critical Info for Your Puppy’s First Day and Night at Home
- DogsThat Online Dog Training Programs
- Video Blog: 5 Games for Puppies
- Podcast Episode 32: 20 Easy Ways to Exercise Your Dog at Home
- Podcast Episode 68: 3 Easy Tricks Every Dog Should Know
- *Basis Stainless Steel Pet Dog Bowls
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!