Why would a dog training program work or not work for some people? I had the chance to approach dog training from a place of curiosity on social media recently and learned a lot. There was also a comment that got me thinking about approaches to dog training, especially our mind's approach. How our mind matters for dog training success is the topic of this episode, plus I have some bonus book recommendations and a Wag Nation special enrollment surprise.
In the episode you'll hear:
- The two types of students guaranteed to get dog training results.
- The difference between successful and lackluster training outcomes.
- How our intentional mindset determines our outcomes.
- About nature vs. nurture and our ability to change at any time.
- About fixed vs. growth mindset in relation to your dog.
- Why we should challenge labels and fixed mindsets with curiosity.
- About noticing how you show up for others when "squeezed" by life.
- How to pinpoint what's holding you back from achieving dog training goals.
- The characteristics of students who thrive in DogsThat classrooms.
- Where to find lessons in failure.
- What we can learn from "The 4 Disciplines of Execution".
- About the book "Measure What Matters".
- That anyone can achieve a growth mindset.
- How to get our Wag Nation and Home School the Dog discount bundle.
Wag Nation and Home School the Dog Discount Bundle
Valentine’s Week Bundle
Contact us at [email protected] with the subject line I Love Learning
- *Book - Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- *Book - The 4 Disciplines by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, Jim Huling
- *Book - Measure What Matters by John Doerr
- Podcast Episode 150: Adding Mindset To Your Dog Training Tools: Who Do You Become?
- Podcast Episode 186: 2 Types Of Connection With Dogs: Dog Agility And Daily Life Case Studies
- Podcast Episode 121: How To Stop Dogs Jumping Up On People
- Podcast Episode 190: Using Daily Quickies To Fast Track Your Dog Training And Grow Your Dog’s Skills
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!
Leave A Comment