When I was 12 years old, I experienced the most humiliating event of my young life with a doctor who was trying to be helpful. That event changed who I was and how I processed information and led me to become the dog trainer that I am today. What if the things that we look at as our greatest challenges are actually our biggest blessings? And how could that help our dogs?
In the episode you'll hear:
- About my family and my introduction to riding a bike.
- Why my brothers talked about my determination as if I were an alien.
- My love of Nancy Drew books as a child.
- How an ophthalmologist changed my young life forever.
- Why I thought I was weird and how I just tried to figure things out.
- My experience at University in an English course and why I stopped reading.
- The years I spent with undiagnosed dyslexia and how that shaped me.
- What I want you to know about answers existing.
- About not giving anyone the power to make you feel less than.
- How there are dogs out there who need us.