I get a lot of questions about my dogs, and we’re covering some of your most popular. Have you ever wondered why our rescue Bulldog mix, Tater-Salad, is the “fall guy”? Or which one of my dogs is the smartest (the answer is NOT who you might think it is)? Do you wonder how to select a dog training class or what to do when you have a male dog and your female dog is in season? I’m answering those questions and more!
In the episode you'll hear:
- About Tater’s secret life as an actor.
- Which one of my dogs is the smartest.
- What dog sport I would do if I didn’t compete in dog agility.
- Where my dogs sleep at night and how often I feed my dogs.
- Why naughty is in the eye of the beholder and how often I train my dogs.
- Why you don’t want to know how much it costs to breed dogs.
- The favorite activities my dogs enjoy and what I think is the best number of dogs.
- Why my first dog was a Terrier.
- The biggest challenges I’ve had training.
- If my dogs have dewclaws.
- The three words I’ve never say about dogs.
- What I look for when I go to a training class.
- My favorite qualities of my dogs.
- Why I do jump grids for agility.
- The challenges I add when building a dog training skill.
- How I select a breeder and what I do when my female dogs are in season.
- That my agility dogs do not fast before competition.
- My observations about social learning in dogs and borrowing confidence.
- Why Tater came to live with us.
- Join in our Free Online Dog Agility Masterclass
- Blog Post: All About Dogs Sleeping in the Bedroom
- Podcast Episode 6: The Art of Manipulation
- Podcast Episode 83: The Dog Training You Do When You’re Not Dog Training
- YouTube Video: Normalizing Imperfection in Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 57: Why Balance Breaks Fast Track Your Dog Training (D.A.S.H.)
- Podcast Episode 36: Puppy Selection: How I Do It and Why I Didn’t This! Time
- Podcast Episode 111: How An Anchor Dog Can Help Overcome Your Dog’s Anxiety Or Reactivity
- Podcast Episode 78: How to Train a Rescue Dog with Behavior Problems
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
I so appreciate your podcasts.
How did you help This get over hear fear of people-strangers? What steps do I take to overcome that fear in my dog? Could you do a podcast on fear of people?
My poodle chases shadow s and licks them he is a 1yr and 6 month s old , he also bites secondary if I am walking out and he can’t get to what ever he can’t get too , this has got better. , we try to keep the house in the dark if the sun comes out any ideas on what I can do , otherwise he is very loving and friendly towards other people and dogs