Have you ever wondered how to end a dog training session so that your dog knows it’s over? We’re looking at the rhythm of training and how a session’s beginning, middle, and end can bring your dog success. Having a clear finish to training time will help you avoid giving your dog a time out and help your dog understand what’s “dog time” and what is not.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How training always starts with a plan.
- Why a session begins with engagement.
- The structure of a training session and what to include.
- About keeping flow in your training time.
- Why I practice without my dog for new skills.
- How long a training session should be for your dog.
- About listening to your dog’s feedback.
- How to end a session and the rhythm that helps your dog.
- Why we don’t want our dogs initiating the training.
- The reason to change locations, even in a small space.
- About the importance of what happens outside of training.
- Learn How To Play ItsYerChoice (IYC)
- PDF Download: Stages of Learning Progressions Chart
- Podcast Episode 35: Pro Dog Training Tip To Improve Your Dog’s Focus
- Podcast Episode 109: Project Calm Dog: Prevent Over Enthusiastic Greetings
- Podcast Episode 44: Using Coincidences and Positive Associations in Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 57: Why Balance Breaks Fast Track Your Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 97: Overwhelm in Dog Training: How to Take Action on Challenges
- Podcast Episode 83: The Dog Training You Do When You’re Not Dog Training
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube