How would you rate your last three dog training sessions on a scale of 1 to 10? Today I’m sharing my training checklist and how I plan for success in dog training. If you want to train your dog, it’s worth training the best you can. A training plan for your puppy or dog will improve your sessions, increase success, and see your training progress faster.
In the episode you'll hear:
- Why to know if your training is skills, behavior, manners, sport or fitness.
- About your time and the length of training sessions.
- The reasons to know the behaviors you will be training.
- Why to mix in training something fun, your domino and something new.
- How to record keep your training session.
- Why to know what training equipment you will use, including rewards.
- How I always warm up before a training session.
- About knowing what success is and your criteria.
- The reason environmental manipulation creates faster success.
Dog Training Plan Checklist:
- YouTube Video: 5 Games for Puppies
- Podcast Episode 121: How To Stop Dogs Jumping Up On People
- Podcast Episode 66: Resource Guarding: Dog vs Dog Aggression
- Podcast Episode 119: The Rhythm Of Dog Training And How To End A Session
- YouTube Video: Dog Training with Balance Breaks Demo
- Learn ItsYerChoice
- Podcast Episode 44: Using Coincidences and Positive Associations in Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 6: The Art of Manipulation
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube