Understanding the science of dog training is going to help you help your dog with clarity. In Episode 158 of Shaped by Dog, we covered training and using positive interrupters, and a few questions came in asking how hat’s different from a recall cue. The difference starts with the words “unconditioned stimulus” and knowing how conditioning works.
In the episode you'll hear:
- The news that we have a new puppy, and her name is Belief.
- More on what positive interrupters are, are not, and what I'm using.
- About conditioned cues and how you can use them.
- A refresher on location specific reinforcement markers.
- How the clicker or marker word tells your dog, "you are correct".
- Why to know what you expect your dog to do and the likelihood they will do it.
- About intentionally conditioning the words you use.
- That the clicker is not a recall cue for your dog.
- How all conditioned reinforcers have a specific role for a dog's clarity.
- The difference between a positive interrupter and a recall cue.
- Podcast Episode 158: Stop Your Dog’s Unwanted Behaviors With This Positive Interrupter
- Podcast Episode 130: Conditioned Responses: The Magic Every New Puppy (And Dog) Owner Must Know About
- Podcast Episode 151: How Location Specific Reinforcement Markers Will Improve Your Dog Training!
- Podcast Episode 144: Teach Your Dog To Listen No Matter What… Even If You Think They Are Stubborn
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube