Since I recently had a friend fly my new puppy to Canada from Switzerland in-cabin, many of you asked how I prepare my dogs for airline travel. Even if you don’t have plans to fly a puppy anytime soon, you’ll benefit from hearing how I train them to be great travelers in two phases. Moreover, there’s a lot of red tape and regulations around in-cabin flying with puppies and dogs that vary from airline to airline and country to country. I read the fine print for you and I’m sharing how to avoid expensive – and upsetting – airport snafus when flying with your dog.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How to prepare puppies to fly in-cabin confidently.
- The three parts to puppy flight preparation.
- That each airline has different pet travel requirements.
- What to expect when checking your dog in at the airport.
- My in-cabin pet carrier recommendations.
- The best crate for flying dogs in cargo or the hold.
- My two dog training projects to prepare dogs and puppies for air travel.
- Why Crate Games makes traveling with your dog so much easier.
Susan’s Pet Carrier & Crate Recommendations:
- Crate Games Online
- Flying Your Pet eBook
- Podcast Episode 200: Shaped By Dog Live 200th Celebration Episode With Friends
- YouTube Playlist: Target Training for Dogs with Susan Garrett
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett’s Target Stick Training, Part Two
- Podcast Episode 190: Using Daily Quickies to Fast Track Your Dog Training and Grow Your Dog’s Skills
- Podcast Episode 145: 10 Ways to Teach a Dog to Lay Down and How to Shape It Without Luring
- Podcast Episode 180: Taking Your Puppy to Café or Restaurant: Socialization Success
- Podcast Episode 48: Potty Train Your Puppy in a Week (Easy 3 Step Process) YouTube Playlist: Puppy
- YouTube Playlist: Puppy Essentials with Susan Garrett Dog Training
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett’s 5 Games for Puppies
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!