Answering your dog sport questions! Even if you don’t do dog sports, many of the questions relate to dog training in general. My voice is a bit raspy as we’re just wrapped up a first ever global four day agility camp entirely through Zoom.
In the episode you'll hear answers covering:
- Connecting with your dog better when running an entire agility course.
- Giving motivation a boost when competing.
- How often my dogs do fitness training.
- Preventing arthritis in sports dogs.
- Building value for what I want my dogs to do.
- My use of different cues for turns on tunnels and the dog walk.
- Working your way up to championship level in agility.
- When to retire a dog from competition.
- Keeping track of verbal cues.
- Why to pay attention to your dog’s emotions at the agility start line.
- The importance of focus forward.
- Warm up and cool down routines.
- Starting puppies in dog sports.
- My top five body awareness exercise and why the list depends on age.
- The same thing I do on every lead out to connect with my dog.
- Join Agility Nation (Use the Discount Code: SUSANSAID)
- Susan's Instagram
- Podcast Episode 5: What is Shaping And How Can Dogs Shape Us
- Podcast Episode 90: Premack, Dog Training and Transfer of Value
- Vlog: Toning Up On Cue Clarity (Hearing The Sirens)
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
Episodes Covering Your Dog’s Emotions:
- Podcast Episode 35: Pro Dog Training Tip To Improve Your Dog’s Focus
- Podcast Episode 86: How to Train Unmotivated or Overexcited Dogs
- Podcast Episode 103: Excited Or Suspicious Dog? Dealing With Your Dog’s Emotions
- Podcast Episode 21: The 5 Critical Dog Training Layers for Confidence with Anything
- Podcast Episode 38: 3 Keys to a Confident Dog
- Podcast Episode 7: You, Your Dog, Maslow and Lizard Brain
- Podcast Episode 79: Reduce Anxiety and Grow Your Dog’s Confidence with These Pro Dog Training Tips
Leave A Comment