Feeding dogs raw food and how to train with raw fed dogs are topics I get asked to talk about a lot! I’m covering how I use raw food to my dog training advantage and how I plan what food I’m using when and where. Even if you don’t feed raw, the tips on type of treats for dogs and using treats for training is for everyone.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What it's like training your dogs when you're a raw feeder.
- The detailed strategy I use when I'm planning my training.
- Why I decided to feed my dogs raw 25 years ago.
- Good practices when preparing raw.
- 3 resources to get started on raw feeding.
- My thoughts on kibble.
- How to train as a raw feeder.
- Two recipes for dog treats that my dogs love.
- What to avoid when buying prepared dog treats.
- Why dog training with raw food is an advantage.
Get the PDF with the two recipes shared in this episode:
- Podcast Episode 204: Dog Behavior And Diet: Recovery For This! Beyond Dog Training Part 2
- * The Forever Dog by Karen Shaw Becker and Rodney Habib
- * The Forever Dog Life by Karen Shaw Becker and Rodney Habib
- Dr. Laurie Coger: The Healthy Dog Expo
- Podcast Episode 92: Avoid This Big Mistake When Feeding Your Dog
- Stainless-Steel Bowls
- YouTube Playlist: Target Training for Dogs with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 151: How Location Specific Reinforcement Markers Will Improve Your Dog Training!
- * Coghlan’s Squeeze Tubes
- * Silicone Travel Squeeze Bottles
- Podcast Episode 131: How Would Susan Garrett Plan Your Dog Training Sessions?
- * PetGeek Automatic Treat Dispenser
- Recallers Tasty Treats Recipe eBook
- * Plastic Squeeze Bottles
- * Mini Round Silicone Dog Treat Molds
- * PetSafe Treat & Train Remote Treat Dispensing Dog Training System
- Podcast Episode 107: Pedicure Please: 3 Steps To Dog Nail Trimming Or Grooming Success At Home!
- Podcast Episode 191: Get Your Dog To Calm Down With This Common Sense Protocol For Relaxation
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
*Amazon Links Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Susan only recommends products she uses herself, and all opinions expressed here are her own. The link above is an affiliate link that, at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission if you decide to buy from it. Thank you!