Do you have or know a dog or older puppy who still isn't completely house trained? If this is you, don't worry, I've got you covered! I’m sharing the reasons a dog might not be fully house trained, what to do about it, a common mistake people make, and how to teach your dog to tell you when they want to go outside to potty.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Common reasons why older puppies or dogs have accidents inside the house.
- How I had house training difficulties in my open-concept home.
- Ways dogs can communicate their need to go outside and why tells are important.
- When to use positive interrupters.
- How to teach your dog to tell you when they want to go outside.
- The biggest mistake that people make when they’re potty training.
- Podcast Episode 140: Stop Your Puppy’s Excited Peeing Or Submissive Urination
- YouTube Playlist: Puppy Essentials with Susan Garrett Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 250: Expectations Vs Reality: Navigating The Path To Dog Training Success
- Podcast Episode 218: Puppy Development Stages And Your Dog’s Behavior
- Podcast Episode 48: Potty Train Your Puppy in a Week (Easy 3 Step Process)
- Podcast Episode 170: 5 Popular Ways To Train Your Dog With Food
- YouTube Playlist: Target Training for Dogs with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 157: Dog Body Language: Understanding Canine Communication Signals And Emotions
- Podcast Episode 158: Stop Your Dog’s Unwanted Behaviors With This Positive Interrupter
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube