“Susan, how do I get what you get with your dogs?” is frequently asked, and the answer is the topic of this episode. We’re looking at 8 zones in your dog’s life, how you can use those zones to your advantage, and what the habits of success look like to get a well behaved dog. The scientific term for setting environments and situations up for your dog’s success is ‘antecedent arrangements’, and understanding how it works will bring you and your dog a life of joy together.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How to get with your dog what I have with my dogs.
- That success and failure leave clues for dog training.
- The power of antecedent arrangements for creating success for you and your dog.
- About eight zones of your dog’s life to use to your advantage.
- How the stories we tell ourselves aren’t always true and undermine our potential.
- Why I believe wholeheartedly that you and your dog can be brilliant.
- The Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence (ABC) cycle that reinforces behavior.
- How I helped my dog This! with her fears and reactivity.
- Examples of unpredictable situations with dogs and how to manage them.
- The deciding factors for having a well-trained dog.
- Podcast Episode 197: Outsmarting Distractions: How To Use Environmental Reinforcement in Dog Training
- YouTube Playlist: Behavior Chains in Dog Training with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 24: Help for Dogs who Chase Chipmunks, Bicycles, and Neighbor’s Cats (Distraction Intensity Index) #24
- Podcast Episode 166: Puppy Freedom: How Much Is Too Much?
- Podcast Episode 150: Adding Mindset To Your Dog Training Tools: Who Do You Become?
- Podcast Episode 26: Pro Dog Training Tips to Get Your Puppy to Sleep All Night
- Podcast Episode 102: Transitioning Your Dog Training: From All That Is Wrong To That Which Is Right
- West Paw Toppl Treat Toys
- PDF Download: How To Make A Snuffle Mat
- Podcast Episode 172: How To Teach Your Dog Anything With My Training Plan
- Podcast Episode 190: Using Daily Quickies To Fast Track Your Dog Training And Grow Your Dog’s Skills
- Podcast Episode 112: Stressed Dog? How Trigger Stacking Might Be Putting Your Dog Over Threshold
- Podcast Episode 103: Excited Or Suspicious Dog? Dealing With Your Dog’s Emotions
- Podcast Episode 191: Get Your Dog To Calm Down With This Common Sense Protocol For Relaxation
- Podcast Episode 111: How An Anchor Dog Can Help Overcome Your Dog’s Anxiety Or Reactivity
- YouTube Playlist: Reactive or Aggressive Dogs: Key Insights with Susan Garrett
- YouTube Playlist: Susan Garrett's Dog Training Philosophy and Training Processes
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
Leave A Comment