The way we train with positive reinforcement might seem a little out there as we put our dog’s emotions first, and if our dog does not do what we want them to do, we don’t punish or correct. It might even make you wonder what sort of anarchy we have in our lives with our dogs! But it’s not like that at all because one of the guiding principles I’ve been talking about since the 90s is that positive is not permissive.
In the episode you'll hear:
- What “positive not permissive” really means.
- Why the relationship we have with our dog weaves into everything.
- How expectations and consistency create clarity for dogs.
- The reasons a dog might not be meeting your expectations.
- That dog training can be part of everything you do.
- What a day might look like in your life with your dog.
- The hierarchy of behaviors to consider.
- Why recall, retrieve and relax are my top priorities.
- Games you can play with your dog for life skills.
- The reason loose leash walking begins at home.
- Tips to fit dog training into everyday life with daily quickies.
Shaped by Dog Episode 200 Online Celebration Event
Learn to Play ItsYerChoice:
- Crate Games Online
- Podcast Episode 171: Dog Training With Layered Shaping: Why Classical Conditioning Must Come First
- Podcast Episode 107: Pedicure Please: 3 Steps To Dog Nail Trimming Or Grooming Success At Home!
- Podcast Episode 20: Bridging the Gap Between Blame and Kindness in Dog Training
- Podcast Episode 27: Do Dogs Need Rules?
- Podcast Episode 99: When Reinforcement Based Dog Training Doesn’t Work
- You Tube Playlist: Dog Won't Listen or Ignores You? Susan Garrett's Training Tips to Get Your Dog Listening Anywhere
- Podcast Episode 26: Pro Dog Training Tips to Get Your Puppy to Sleep All Night
- Podcast Episode 150: Adding Mindset To Your Dog Training Tools: Who Do You Become?
- YouTube Playlist: Puppy Essentials with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 190: Using Daily Quickies To Fast Track Your Dog Training And Grow Your Dog’s Skills
- Podcast Episode 178: Dog Walking: Why To Start, How Often, And Where
- Podcast Episode 191: Get Your Dog To Calm Down With This Common Sense Protocol For Relaxation
- Podcast Episode 158: Stop Your Dog’s Unwanted Behaviors With This Positive Interrupter
- YouTube Playlist: Loose Leash Walking with Susan Garrett
- YouTube Playlist: Dog Training Games with Susan Garrett
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett’s Perch Work Dog Tricks (Pivots and Spins)
- Podcast Episode 153: Dog Muzzles: Everything You Need To Know And How To Muzzle Train Dogs
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
Leave A Comment