Meet the brilliant minds behind the groundbreaking FRIDA Protocol for dog separation anxiety, Nadine Hehli and Simone Fasel, rising stars of positive reinforcement training in Europe. Nadine and Simone have a depth of experience in fostering and training rescue dogs, the challenges a rehomed dog might present, and overcoming problems so that rescue dogs can live their best life, and that’s the topic of our conversation. This episode is an extract of our livestream celebrating 200 episodes of Shaped by Dog.
In the episode you'll hear:
- How Nadine and Simone transformed Frida, a hyper, reactive, overly-anxious rescue dog, into a calm, confident family member.
- The challenges rescue dogs can bring with them and how to help them.
- Why overwhelm about Frida’s anxiety never happened due to trusting the dog training process.
- About the gap between expectation and reality with rescue dogs that can create doubt in new owners.
- The importance of creating joy for dogs in the present moment.
- Advice for overcoming dog training frustration by focusing on what you want your dog to do.
- How Nadine and Simone integrated a new puppy into their multi-dog household.
- That confidence comes from training the dog in front of you without labeling them.
- How breaking big behaviors down into mini lessons creates confidence and quickens learning.
- Why giving dogs choice and control is vital for their well-being.
- Tips for first-time dog owners beginning their positive reinforcement training journey.
Canine Separation Anxiety Protocol
Click Here for Episode 200: Solve Your Dog’s Separation Anxiety With FRIDA: Expanding Calm With Functional Relaxation
Catch the 200 Episodes Celebration Replay and After Party Opportunities
- Podcast Episode 200: Solve Your Dog’s Separation Anxiety With FRIDA: Expanding Calm With Functional Relaxation
- Leben mit Hunden Website
- Podcast Episode 71: Pro Dog Trainer’s Secret to Help Your Naughty Dog
- YouTube Playlist: Reactive or Aggressive Dogs: Key Insights with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 13: Naming Your Puppy or Dog
- YouTube Playlist: Loose Leash Walking with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 72: Preventing Dog Aggression: Introducing Dogs or Puppies with Project Togetherness
- Podcast Episode 183: What Does “Train The Dog In Front Of You” Really Mean?
- Podcast Episode 172: How To Teach Your Dog Anything With My Training Plan
- Podcast Episode 171: Dog Training With Layered Shaping: Why Classical Conditioning Must Come First
- Podcast Episode 154: Car Vacations With Dogs: Tips To Make Holiday Road Trips Safe And Fun For All
- Podcast Episode 157: Dog Body Language: Understanding Canine Communication Signals And Emotions
- Podcast Episode 78: How to Train a Rescue Dog with Behavior Problems
- Join Recallers with our 200 Episodes Celebration Afterparty Opportunity
- Podcast Episode 189: All The Things That Influence Your Dog’s Behavior And What Behavior Tells You
- Podcast Episode 203: Reactive, Unmotivated and Fearful: Finding Resiliency For This! Beyond Dog Training Part 1
- Podcast Episode 204: Dog Behavior And Diet: Recovery For This! Beyond Dog Training Part 2
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube
Leave A Comment