There are 14 canine myths commonly accepted as truths and I’m doing some serious debunking to separate fact from fiction. For example, have you heard the myth about “Doodles never shed”? It's a myth because it's genetics. If you breed a shedding breed to a non-shedding breed, we can't predict what we're going to get. Don’t miss this one, because I’m “shedding” even more light on popular lore about dogs that too many people still believe. Enjoy!
In this episode we’re mythbusting:
- Old dogs can’t learn new tricks.
- Puppies outgrow naughty behavior.
- Show your dog who's the boss, alpha, pack leader.
- Begin puppy training at six months old.
- Dogs defy, grow stubborn or ignore you near tempting distractions.
- Feeding scared dogs rewards fear.
- Wagging tails means happy dogs.
- Yawning dogs are tired dogs.
- Good dogs tolerate children.
- Puppies love hugs and cuddles.
- Dogs only see in black and white.
- Dogs admit they’re wrong with guilty looks.
- Rescue dogs are damaged.
- Two puppies provide companionship for one another
- GoFundMe: Help Us Put an End to Puppy Mills
- Podcast Episode 62: 12 Keys to Helping My Dogs Live a Long and Happy Life
- Podcast Episode 218: Puppy Development Stages And Your Dog’s Behavior
- YouTube Video: 15 Ways To Exercise Your Dog
- YouTube Playlist: Dog Training Games with Susan Garrett
- YouTube Video: Susan Garrett’s 5 Games for Puppies
- Podcast Episode 143: Is It Ever Too Late To Train Your Dog
- Podcast Episode 46: Is Your Dog Trying to Dominate You and What You Can Do About It
- Podcast Episode 206: First Dog Agility Competition: Creating Joy For This! By Maximizing
- Podcast Episode 205: The Hidden World Of Reinforcement For Dogs And Why You Need To Know
- Podcast Episode 197: Outsmarting Distractions: How To Use Environmental Reinforcement in Dog
- Podcast Episode 51: Is Your Stubborn Dog Frustrating You?
- Podcast Episode 144: Teach Your Dog To Listen No Matter What… Even If You Think They Are
- Podcast Episode 112: Stressed Dog? How Trigger Stacking Might Be Putting Your Dog Over Threshold
- YouTube Playlist: Fearful Dogs Help with Susan Garrett
- Podcast Episode 4: T.E.M.P. (Tail, Eyes/Ears, Mouth, Posture)
- Podcast Episode 157: Dog Body Language: Understanding Canine Communication Signals And
- Podcast Episode 243: Training My New Puppy, What He Knows So Far: Susan Garrett’s Plan And
- Podcast Episode 58: How to Create Kid Friendly Dogs and Dog Friendly Kids
- Podcast Episode 54: Dog Toy Checklist: What’s Good and What to Avoid
- Podcast Episode 78: How to Train a Rescue Dog with Behavior Problems
- Podcast Episode 91: Why Judgement Does Not Help People Or Dogs: ItsYerChoice LWT
- Watch this Episode of Shaped by Dog on YouTube